Quality Measurement and Control Systems for Converting Industries
Seltek Quality Measurement and Control Systems (QCS) are used for different applications in converting industries such as:
- PE film thicknesses on liquid packaging production line
- Glue weight on PP film
- Glue weight measurement on silicon coated release paper for label stock
- Moisture on paper after lamination with aluminium foil
- Wax coat weight on paper
- PVC coat weight on paper
- PE film coating on aluminium foil
- Coat weight on duplex board
- Moisture of decorative paper
- Thickness of flooring
- Coat weight on carbonless copy paper
- Coat weight and moisture on thermal paper
Nucleonic, Infrared, x-ray, laser, capacitive, eddy current principles are used for design of these sensors. Measurements are non-contact type.
O-Frame is the most common scanner used. Single beam scanners and C-Frame scanners are also available.
Electronics enjoy a distributed architecture and the cabling between the frame and the main CPU is minimal, being restricted to Ethernet cable and power cable.
Machine Direction Controls as well as Cross Direction Controls are available. Depending on the line technology; gap control, extruder speed control, line speed control, Automatic Profile Control (APC) can be used.
HMI (Human Machine Interface) is operator friendly. Fast and slow trend plots, profile pages, recipe page, rich maintenance page, controls page, roll report page, alarm and event log pages are all very easy to learn and self guiding. Roll data is stored numerically in MS SQL® database, which can be converted to Excel® format for use by mill staff.